Jan 28, 2008

Ugggh, toys, toys and more toys!



After an influx of toys over the holiday and birthday season the Roberts household was overrun with disorder. Too many toys without suitable homes were causing a cranky mommy! First I ran out and bought a bunch of shoe box size rubbermaids to contain the sets (little people, mr. potato head, blocks ect). That worked but then I had an overflow of rubbermaids with still no home. Browsing the target ad online I found these storage cubes and thought, hmm this could work. Eureka! I remember seeing these in S.E.'s house in the play area, they're cheap, flexible, and easy to assemble. So I went out and bought 4 sets! I set up 1 1/2 in the living room to control the toy clutter there and then another 2 1/4 sets in Ashley's room.

Now all the toys have homes! Mommy is so much happier and sane. The kids love them too. And one of the coolest things is the big trucks don't roll off like they did off the shelf because of the grate pattern. And all the rubbermaids fit right in the cubbies as well. Ahh the simple solutions!

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

I've been having the same battle. Thanks for a new idea!

Anonymous said...

Sigh...now if THEY'D only put away their OWN toys hehe

Ellen said...

1 1/2 + 2 1/4 = 3 3/4

Where'd the other quarter go? hehe

That looks awsome. We need some major damage control in the toy area as well.

MandySue said...

the other 1/4 was still in the box but now I set it up in Ben's room to hold his blankets. Thanks for catching that Ellen. You won't let me get away wit a thing :)