So I have been on the look out for free or cheap family friendly events online and I heard about a free day at the children's museums....most of the ones around here do it too so we have a few to check out. Today was the first free day that has occurred where I wasn't working so we took advantage and headed out to play.
We picked the Children's Museum of Tacoma for our activity today and it turned out well. It was a bit smaller than I had imagined but in all reality it was plenty for the kids to do and kept us all entertained for a full hour which was perfect since our parking space was only good for an hour....
They choose monthly themes and this month was a book about coyotes and Native American history.
They also had an art room which I think was my kids favorite! But they also enjoyed the blocks and movie maker
So if you are in the area on the first Friday of the month be sure to check it out. It was not overly crowded, especially being a free day. The kids were kept busy and there were a bunch of different activities there to do! Overall this was an event that we will gladly participate in again!
Sep 4, 2009
Free Friday at the Children's Museum
Posted by MandySue at 9/04/2009 05:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment