Jan 18, 2009

Birthday Time!!!

So it is birthday time in our house! Well in reality it was last week but of course life happens! Ashley's birthday was last Monday and Bens was on Thursday. We had been planning to celebrate on the Saturday prior but I got sick.

It all started with a few quick bouts of dizziness that resolved themselves within a few minutes. Just enough to make me slowdown. This occurred for about 2 days. Then on Thursday the 8th I was hit very hard with horrible motion sickness, the dizzies, pukey, and all the fun stuff. I was running into walls and falling down and it was really freaking me out. Once I realized that Mike had to go to work, meaning no help watching the kids... I really flipped out and called the dr. Of course they could not fit me in on base but they referred me to the Urgent Care downtown. So off we went. The ride was horrible but thankfully once we were there they were able to determine the cause, Labryinthitus (inflammation or infection of the inner ear or labryinth).

They put me on bedrest for 3 days and thankfully mike was able to get out of work on Thursday night. He had friday off because he had weekend duty so that was nice as well. Saturday he was called in for 11 hours. I barely survived that day of taking care of the kids. I think they both knew I was under the weather and were both trying to take advantage of the fact that I couldn't move quickly nor could I do much at all. Sunday was pretty much the same story. Mike got called in at 3am and was there for 11 hours again...:(

Thus, with all the commotion, and my lack of sanity :) We postponed the birthday celebrations until this weekend.

Of course, this morning Ashley woke up with the pukes...but thankfully it only occurred once and she was just pretty sluggish the rest of the day. We did go on with the celebrations since it was just us here anyway.

Here is Ashley passed out on the couch while I frosted the cake and wrapped presents.

Here is what she woke up to...How fun, she didn't even know I had baked a cake. She was quite excited, but pretty bummed that she had to wait for Ben to wake up too!

The only thing she asked for was an airplane....hmmmm.

We looked at so many different ones but they were either way too old for her or were not designed to be played with...So we ended up getting her the little people plane. Its' a little young for her but they do have the barn, house, car, school bus, and lots of characters so it fits right in. She also got a really cool frog backpack, a dora the explorer book with magna doodle, and an elefun game.


Benny got a tool box full of tools so he can be "benny the builder". He loved it. I think the hammer is his favorite and next up would be the pliers. He also got a helicopter that makes noise and tractor that drives around. The tractor is awesome. Its a winner with both kids!

On Monday (her actual birthday) Ashley got a cool birthday hat from school. She was so excited and the sweetheart she is, shared it with her brother on his special day! What a doll!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG your kids are so cute! I am glad they had a fun birthday celebration! Tell them how much i miss them!