So Mike is officially out of the AF tomorrow....can you believe it? He spent last friday in a day long session of testing for the electricians apprenticeship and now we are just waiting on the results. So we will see. But we did find out a cool bit of info....When Mike was in basic training he declined the GI Bill....I don't understand why but I was so furious when I found out..Anyway the new post/911 GI Bill allows those that hmmmmmf, make the same decision he did, to enroll for free in a new plan. So needless to say we will be doing that. So with the new plan he will get tuition paid (upto like 7k a year, 1k per year for books/supplies and E5 BAH while in school). So for me that is good enough. So that will be good. Yippee!....oh and for other spouses.....there is a new thing out there for spousal education assistance and I think they pay about 6k a year to help AD spouses....so check it out if you are into it!
On to me...I am currently working at Target. I have been there for about 3 weeks now and am enjoying it. I am slowly learning where to find stuff and where to direct customers who are searching for strange items. I have gotten over my fear of the "walkie" that I am required to keep with me and use. I don't know why but that darn thing freaked me out...especially since my voice was broadcast all over the store. Hehe, Im a nerd, I know. But I am working in softlines right now so that means I am the one hissing and cussing over the messy clearance racks and refolding all the shirts that customers insist on unfolding...hehe. I really don't mind it...well sometimes folding does get on my nerves but still. I seriously love the fact that I am there to see all the new clearance additions though. The other day I got Ash 2 pairs of jeans for 3.24 each (adjustable waist too :)) and yesterday I got Benny two for 2.24 each...What a deal, especially when I get an extra 10% off for my discount...yay! I am working quite a bit right now and that is great. I am getting into the swing of things and getting a break from being a mommy for the past 4 years.
We bought a new little old car...hehe its a 1992 Honda Accord. It's in pretty good shape and is working perfectly as my little car to drive to work since we only have one set of car seats in the van. Mike has done a bit of work on it and is planning to do a tune up and replace the timing chain and water pump and we should be good. Its cute though...its a seafoam green color, I like it.
The kids are doing well. They got to got to their cousins birthday party for the first time and had a blast...Sadly I missed out because I was working but Mike was the lucky one who got to take them. We also had 2 of their other cousins staying with us last weekend so we had 2-4year olds and 2-2year olds...it was quite busy but we did manage to go to the beach for a few hours and to go see some horses and a donkey at a farm. The kids all enjoyed it a lot. But seriously I think I needed leashes...trying to keep them all going in the same direction and not running off was a bit of a challenge.
I have some pictures I need to download, but I will post them soon.
May 19, 2009
"Catch Up"...since everyone is doing it :)
Posted by MandySue at 5/19/2009 11:22:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I blogged too, but it didn't update on the blog roll...weird.
Post a Comment