May 6, 2009

Ugggh, the Department of Licensing sucks

So today was just a crappy day...It is my day off work, so it should be a good day but nope.. We decided to go get our new WA licenses today and so I was a good girl and checked out what would be needed online before we left. There was specific details for military members, so I made sure we met the requirements and had the necessary documents....We drove out to Bremerton (about 40 mins) to the office that was listed in the phonebook....guess what...the office is no longer there. Sweet! So then I called up the number that was listed in the phonebook and after a huge menu of options I found out the address of the new location. So we made a detour to the other side of town and found the office. We went inside, took a number and a seat and waited. Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long to be called but once we were called the fun started....The lady took all our information...gave us both our eye tests and then asked for proof of residency....hum...according to WA DOL website we didn't need proof of residency...I would guess that is because we are still offically WA residents and still paying WA taxes...and um voting...and um ya...but the lady insisted that we were required to have proof of our WA state residency. The list of items that were acceptable are pretty standard except for the few issues that arose...like the fact that all of our bills are coming electronically and they only accept "originals" not copies or faxed documents or any other documents printed from a home computer.... Needless to mention we didn't have any of the "originals" in the car since the site did not say that we needed to have them so we were able to turn around and walk out the door...with our hands empty and ....according to state law illegally....sweet! Oh and I have to mention that the lady could have smiled...maybe just once and .....could have possibly controlled the urge to roll her eyes repeatedly at us when we tried to make our case......I love, love, LOVE good customer service...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that sucks..
What about this job thing? Where are you working?

MandySue said...

I got a job at Target for the time being. I'm hoping to find something else, but with this economy and all the changes we are experiencing right now any job is good.

On the flip side though. I do like working there. Right now I'm in soft-lines so I get to play with clothes all day. And I am able to supplement the kids wardrobe with cheap clothes and an employee discount:)

Anonymous said...

That is great. And getting anything at a discount is a bonus. What about Mike? My Mike was wondering about him.

MandySue said...

At the moment he is still on terminal. He will be on term. until the 20th of this month. He has a testing session for the electricians apprenticeship program on the 15th of May. He has already made it through 2 cuts and there are still a few more. He's been offered a few other positions so far as well so things are still up in the air. But for the moment, he is home with the kids while I get settled at work and then we can worry about childcare.....gasp

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Just be glad that day is over...and then you have the weekend off!! YAY!