So today I dyed my hair back to red. I was tired of the brown...especially mixing with the red roots. This is still quite a bit darker than my normal red but it was something different. Yay
Yesterday the kids were dying to go outside and play in the "snow" (if you can call it that :)). So we all bundled up and went out for a few minutes. Since Ben has had a fever the past few days I was only going to let them play for 10 minutes or so. Well it only lasted about 5, just enough for me to snap a few pictures.
Poor Benny saw something that fascinated him and he went chasing after it. As soon as he hit the driveway he slipped and came crashing down on his face. I ran over there and picked him up and his face was covered in blood! I grabbed him and pulled Ashley inside so I could have a better look. Oh I felt just awful. I gave him a lollipop so he would calm down so I could clean him up and see the damage. Oh boy. I could tell he chipped his tooth and the two front two were loose. There was lots of blood but I really couldn't find where it was coming from. I called the base peds office just to see what I should do and they told me to call the base dental clinic. So I tried that, and they wanted me to bring him in right away. So off we went to the dentist. Thankfully they didn't find anything too terrible.
The rundown:
1. chipped front tooth (only enamel deep, so there shouldn't be any sensitivity)
2. knocked the two front teeth loose (but she didn't think that he caused them permanent damage, so we are on the lookout for changing colors if he did)
3. Skinned up chin
4. and the bleeder...it turns out that he tore the little skin flap/muscle thing that connects your lip to your gums. Go ahead and stick your tongue up there and feel it...I know I did :) Yup he ripped it almost completely. But the good news is that it quit bleeding within a few minutes and really doesn't need any repair .
I'll post a picture of him post-fall maybe tomorrow.
Nov 15, 2008
One of those days....
Posted by MandySue at 11/15/2008 08:36:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment