Jan 18, 2007

Introducing Benjamin Thomas Roberts!





Well our little Benjamin is here! He arrived at 8:02 January 15th, 2007. It took 12 hours of labor (only an hour and a half of painful stuff before the epidural) Otherwise it went great. I only pushed for 20 minutes in comparison to the 3 hours with Ashley so that was a huge improvement. He is doing really well now that we are home. Feeding well, sleeping well, I think that is about all a new mom can hope for! My only issue is engorgement, ahhh that part is no fun! We took him to the Dr. today for his check 1st check and he is already gaining weight since leaving the hospital. His bilirubin level was slightly elevated so they had to do a heal prick to double check, it was 14 which for his age they said was normal. They are going to check it again at his 2 week appointment. Ashley is adjusting well to having a new baby brother in the house. She had a rough day yesterday with lack of sleep and a messed up routine but is doing much better today and is enjoying "helping" with Ben. I will update with more pictures as time allows......Thanks for all the well wishes!

6 comments:

Bev said...

Congratulations! :) What a cutie! Can't wait to see him in person. Let me know if you need anything!
-Bev

Ellen said...

I am so glad everything is going well for the Roberts family! He is so beautiful! Thanks for the pics! I have been waiting and waiting and absolutely love them!

Ellen said...

PS. I miss my friend Mandy. :(

Tanya said...

Yay, how exciting, now hopefully Cyndy and Ellen have the same good fortunes you have had. Love the pics.

Cyndy said...

Adorable! Glad to hear that things are going well! Sleep when you can and keep the pictures coming as you can. Enjoy this time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby Boy! He looks just like Ashley!! I have been stalking your vehicle and was wondering when you were going to have him and low and behold I saw it on the Altru WEbsite! Let us know if you need anything! Congrats and enjoy!
Janelle