May 11, 2008

Another toy!

So last week Mike found another toy....it's a 1963 Chevy II aka Nova. It ran a little rough when he first test drove it but he went home and did some research and figured out he could tackle the problems and he did. He did the necessary work right in the drive way of the family who sold it. And now it runs very smooth and it seriously feels like you are riding in a couch!


I took it out for a drive by myself the other night and it goes really well. My only complain is that it doesn't have power brakes, so it takes leg muscle to make it stop. But if he decides to he can add that feature. Oh my other complaint is that it's a 63 so there are no seat belts. I told Mike that he will be required to put them in, for my sanity's sake.


The dashboard looks like it is brand new. Very clean and everything works, even the radio and speakers. So this is going to be his daily driver...so if anyone is in the market for a 1997 toyota tercel with about 70,000 miles we will be putting it on the market.


Here is my little ham. She doesn't usually pose for pictures but she kept asking me to take one of her so here it is.
.
Here is my new hair cut. Not a great picture but oh well. I haven't figured out how to take a picture in the mirror like all the myspace fools :) Oh well here is my best attempt

While Mike was tinkering with the car I took the kiddos to the mall play area. (I think I got the better deal, but I am sure he would beg to differ.) The kids had a good time but it was a challenge to keep them both in the toy area. I swear they need to add a little gate so that they can't just run out.!


Ashley climbing up the big wolf. She was a little monkey.

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

Fun! I miss having a great play area at the mall. Around here the outside stuff gets searing hot and it would be nice to get out of the sun yet play and play. The kids are getting big! CJ is currently all about posing, when she does, she refuses to smile and always is in a goofy pose.

Anonymous said...

Neat car, looks like it was very well kept. Seeing your kids always makes me smil, they are so cute!

Bev said...

Sweeeeet ride!! :)