Dec 7, 2007

Sledding Trip...Brrrrrr


So we took a drive to Turtle River State Park to go sledding. I went once with my sister and her hubby when they were visiting but Mike hadn't gone yet so off we went.

It was absolutely beautiful but also so darn cold. I think it was 10 degrees but it was quite windy so when we got home and checked the wind chill it was actually -14. Yikes, it sure was cold.

We made a few quick stops around the park after sledding, so yes my hair is quite a mess in this photo, but ah heck.

Here is Boca up to her belly in our snow.

Mike and Ashley heading up the hill, boy is that a big hill!!!

Whooosh, here they go. Ashley loved it when she didn't end up with a face full of snow.

Ben got pulled around in his sled and liked it as long as he was moving. I think when it was moving it was interesting and when it stopped it was darn cold!

I think we only managed to sledd for about 35 minutes because of the weather. BRRRRR. As I write this it is -15 degrees and with the wind chill it's -33 and it's only supposed to get worse.... The Weather channel says -39 for a windchill low over night. Why oh why do we live here???? I feel ya Bev!

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

Looks like fun!...come and visit to get warmed up!

Bev said...

:) Oh good! Sometimes I feel like such a Florida wimp- but your post made me feel better. LOL
That sledding sure sounds like fun though- maybe when it warms up. I'm sure the kids would LUV it!

Anonymous said...

Man, oh man! Those pictures made me sad! I miss our 2 week visit at your house and our sledding adventure! Remember how we did our english project at your house? lol we painted a huge sheet for a backdrop... :) awww I miss my sissy and her kids!! look for a new blog post from me soon. :)