Oct 14, 2008

sickness

Ok so fall is here and with it came the colds. Yuck. Benny started it with his bout with croup. But thankfully his shot of steroids helped him lots and now he is better. About a week later Ashley came down with a fever. There were no signs of a cold at first but a slight runny nose and cough developed. Then she started complaining when she was peeing, so off she went to the dr. They tested her for a bladder infection which came back positive and for strep which was negative. They said that her throat looked suspicious so they gave her an antibiotic that would work for both a bladder infection and strep in case the rapid strep test was wrong.

Today Ashley is going to the dr again to deal with her constipation problems. I swear this is a losing battle. But we are going to do everything we can for her. To combat everything she has begun refusing to take her medicine. Which doesn't help with the poop issues or the bladder infection but I am really trying to be creative at disguising it. I feel awful, but seriously getting a 3 1/2 year old to swallow medicine when she is determined not to is no fun. I feel awful holding her down and forcing it upon her but I really have no clue what else to do. Hopefully the dr. today will have some ideas or another option. At this point, if they were able to give her her antibiotics by shot I would do that because at least then she can't spit it all over me, and it's done in a flash.


Personally I think I have a mix of a cold and allergies. So fun. I've had a bit of a fever but really nothing compared to Ashley's. I've been a little achey and totally worn out, but honestly I'm just thankful that it waited until my classes were done to arrive!!

0 comments: