Oct 31, 2008

Sugar High :)

So we have taken advantage of some of the fun fall and Halloween functions available on base. We went with Janelle, Wood, and KK to the Halloween Carnival last weekend and had a good time. The kids were introduced to glow-in-the-dark necklaces...Oh they love them. Ashley slept with hers for 3 days and then told me I needed to change the batteries when it was done. Haha.

Wednesday we went to the escape zone for their Harvest Festival. That was fun as well. They played some games, played with lots of toys, made a few projects, and got a goodie bag to take home.


Both kids loved the toy houses. Although they did fight over opening and closing the doors and windows.



Benny, my little elephant. We had originally planned for him to be a blue M&M. But for some reason he despised that costume. He threw a horrible fit every time I tried to put it on. So I gave out and whipped out Ashley's old costumes that I saved. The most boyish one was the elephant. And thankfully he didn't have a problem with it cause the only other one that would fit was a pink care bear. I don't quite think he would appreciate that later :)

Below is a funny series of photos I captured...Can you tell who the bully is today? I swear in our house it changes every few minutes.


sneaking up for the grab

the two handed grabber



the blowout battle ensues


Ashley was a butterfly for Halloween this year. It was really cute but the wings need some work...the frame inside kept sliding around so the wings would slouch, or be lop-sided.



Benny has been sick off an on this whole month. He has croup again and has been having problems sleeping again. The first night I think he and I got all of maybe 4 hours of sleep and last night I slept with him on the couch and we did better but he still woke up at least 10 times coughing/barking like a seal. He's also had a high fever, even with Tylenol round the clock we are staying at around 101. Today it was down a little so hopefully he is on the mend!!!!

I felt so bad. I was reading him a story and he was trying so hard to keep his eyes open. I should have grabbed the video camera but I'm sure that would have woken him up so I just kept reading. Finally the little guy passes out for about an hour.



His poor eyes were so dark around them from not sleeping. He just looked awful. Today he had a bit more color in him so that was good. The picture below is shocking to me because he just looks so long. Both Ben and Ashley weigh 28 lbs right now. The 2 year gap is disappearing quickly.



Today we ventured out to the med group's trick or treating. The kids enjoyed themselves but Ben didn't last more than 30 minutes without going into melt down mode. We made a quick retreat back to the car and made our way home.




And finally, here are the kids after the trick or treating tonight. We went for about an hour. It was shocking the weather was actually decent. It was 50 degrees out, very pleasant in comparison to the past snowy Halloween's we have encountered.



Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

0 comments: