Feb 9, 2008

Ugliest Slipper contest!!!

I love slippers in the winter time. I do I do! I have had 2 pairs of slip on (backless) slippers that have worked fine up until this winter. I think I have gotten a case of the clumsys and have just about broken my neck about 5 times slipping in and out of them. This last time I hurt my knee and wrist and decided "I'm done with these!"

So I have been on the market for some slippers.

My slipper criteria:

  • MUST have a back!!
  • rubber non-slip bottom
  • no ballet style
  • under $20.00
I really thought this would be a simple find! I'm not too picky about how they look as long as they don't make me break my neck and they keep my feet cozy. I've looked and looked and looked and never did I think it would be this difficult! I searched online and found some really fuzzy ones but they were 50 bucks, ouch!

So we made a trip down to Wally World (aka: walmart) and found a slipper that fit all the criteria. They have a back, rubber non-slip bottoms and best of all they were on clearance. The only problem is they are UGLY!!!! They look like little sleeping bags on my feet. I mean they seriously look like they are made out of sleeping bag remnants! I showed them to Mike and his response was...."oh come on, you've got to be kidding me..." Nope, I bought em! $3.00 and 2 hours later my feet are nice and toasty! Now I know you are wanting a picture of these god awful slippers, but first I am asking everyone else to post a pair of their slippers too! I have decided that most slippers are really ugly anyway so come on lets see those ugly tootsie warmers!!!!



3 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

I really don't think they are that bad. They look rather cozy.

Anne (Ellen's Friend)

Bev said...

Cozy! Not bad for just around the house. Now if I see you wearing them @ the commisary...then we'll talk ;)

Anonymous said...

I like 'em!