Dec 12, 2008

Christmas Bulb Countdown...:)

So I finally put the Christmas Tree up. Mike and I had decided not to do it because we thought our tree was ruined from the basement flooding. But I decided today to pull it up and see if it was truly that bad...Thankfully only the outside of the box was affected. So I put it all up with help from the kids. Trust me it was quite fun.

I'm not quite sure what inspired me to put the bulbs on it with a 1 and 3 year old running around but I did. Within minutes I had to move the bottom half of the ornaments to the top of the tree to keep fingers off. Then I went to the bathroom...I should have known better. Moms are not allowed to leave the tree unattended for even a quick trip to the bathroom :). I came back to find a kids chair pushed up next to the tree and Ben sitting on the floor with a shattered ornament that he was inspecting. Sweet. He managed a small cut on his hand and a scrape on his foot but overall no other injuries... Thank goodness since they were both in bare feet.

So I have now started the bulb count down...1 down...more to come

0 comments: