Dec 22, 2008

Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies


So, I have started buying whole wheat flour now. I haven't baked with it before but I thought it was a great way to make our diet a bit more healthy. So my first trial was some sugar cookies. The dough was quite sticky and thus I had a hard time cutting them into shapes even after chilling them. So instead I rolled them into balls and smooshed them.

The kids had fun decorating them with icing and let me tell you...they were beautiful! But it was a fun activity for them to do and honestly the clean up wasn't too bad!! Plus if they are going to eat cookies, they might as well get some good grains out of it.









2 comments:

Cyndy said...

I have found that for many recipes, I can't subsitute all of the white flour with whole wheat. What I do in many recipes is add a tablespoon of wheat germ then fill the cup with white flour, I do that for each cup of white flour. Good luck and the cookies look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Did you save any for me?!