Dec 17, 2008

Hello Again!

So this past week has been a bit crazy.

On Saturday evening with a storm approaching we drove downtown to do a bit of shopping. Oh and we had to hit up Taco Bell... Mike and I had been craving Taco Bell for a while so it was a treat. We love Mexican food and we really haven't found any restaurants here that live up to what we had back in WA. We've tried all of them here and found two that were good but they both managed to get shut down quite quickly...one for sanitary reasons (ewwww) and the other for illegal hiring practices... We've had bad experiences at Paradiso numerous times and were totally turned off by the gravy they serve on burritos at Mexican village. So that is one thing we are really looking forward to when we move back to WA.

Anyway we did some shopping and made a quick visit to Santa. We didn't have our camera and they didn't take anything but cash so we didn't get pictures but we plan to go back this weekend to snatch a few pictures. The kids were both facinated by Santa.....No tears what so ever. Ashley even made the funniest comment when Santa invited her to sit on his lap. At first she was a bit hesitant but by his 2nd offer she decided he was suitable. Once she got up on his lap she procliamed quite loudly..."look, he didn't hurt me at all". Everyone got a chuckle out of that one. Mike then took the kids so I could try some pants on and she informed him that "Santa isn't real...well some are real...but some are not". I thought that was a perfect explanation for a 3 year old to grasp.

Saturday night the weather got pretty nasty and lasted all day through Sunday. It was so darn cold. We didn't get a whole lot of snow...but what we did blew around like crazy. We could see the grass in the backyard but in the front we had 3 1/2 feet of snow all around the cars. That was quite fun to shovel..:)

Oh I had my birthday on Monday. We didn't do much cause Mike had to work but I was able to relax quite a bit and we devoured a triple chocolate cake, yummo!

This Saturday we are taking the kiddos to Sears to get pictures taken. I had scheduled them for Monday on my birthday but the windchill was -45 so I canceled. So I will get to post some new pictures soon.

0 comments: