Dec 11, 2008

Seriously???

So today was one of those days....Nothing too serious just all those little things that happen that make a decent day go down the drain....

So here is my list of little things...are you ready?

1. I had an appt. at 9:30 am that no one called to tell me was canceled so I drug the kids out in 5 degree snowy weather....thankfully they were able to squeeze me in between other people since it was their fault.

2. then I drove over to the library, unpacked the kids again and walked up there to drop off my overdue books and get some more only to find out they are closed until 10 am. So I piled the kids back in the van, yay

3. The we tried to scan in 3 checks to our bank account and of course they are all rejected by the bank to be scanned so we have to mail them in....and I hate sending signed checks in the mail...not to mention that we then have to wait like a week for the money when we were planning on having it now

4. I started feeling yucky so I laid down for a nap and woke up with horrible cramps. It was so bad it reminded me of labor...yikes...it brought tears to my eyes..and then.....

5. while I am waiting for the motrin to kick in and the heating pad to warm up ben grabs the floor lamp and tilts it back and then lets it go....and the glass shade slams into the wall and shatters...there goes one wedding present :)

6. then ashley comes out of the bathroom with my glasses on...which are now all bent

7. Then I go to throw out the garbage in the garage and and hug mike bye and come back in and find ashley as proud as can be..."mommy, i cleaned the bathroom" insert groan here :). I walk in and find that she poured 1/3 of my bottle of new shampoo in the sink and made bubbles to clean it up....sweet

8. Then I find ben with my glasses again...bent some more

9. and finally, greys anatomy is a rerun...and I so needed some relaxing in front of the boob tube.


So now, the kids are in bed and I am sitting back with a cup of tea, hoping to relax the day away........

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

I completely understand! This is why I don't get my to do list done...by the time I could work on it, I am ready to just veg. for a while and pretend I'm not a mommy.

Hugs, I hope tomorrow goes better.

Anonymous said...

Awww, you poor girl. I totally understand. Let's hope today is a better day for you :)

Ellen said...

Sorry to hear about all that craziness! I hate those kind of days. And Happy Belated Birthday! I haven't had internet for over a week!